Friday, September 4, 2009

Learning Model - Teach One Another

The learning Model is a tool that helps students learn and remember what has been taught. In the scriptures, D&C 109:7 it reads;
And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith.
We, at this school, use this scripture to teach one another what we have learned. Teaching one another is one of the best ways of learning. That means you are able to repeat what the teacher has taught, or what you have read. This has helped me through my academic career because sometimes, I don’t fully understand what the instructors have taught and having a student that understood it helps me with all that I didn’t understand.
This is one of the best ways of learning in the IT field. Teaching one another is just what it will be like in the workplace. If you don’t understand something you can ask someone for their help and vise versa. I have heard many examples of people asking their co-workers for a little help and it saved the company a lot of time.

No comments: