Thursday, November 6, 2008

Printer Spooler

The other day Bob had an issue with his printer. When I approached his computer he had a joystick there. I saw the problem with the spooler.

Hypothesis:

I believed that the spooler was off.

Solution:

Turn the spooler back on:

Research:

I read in the book at a specific note. It said the command to turn off the spooler or to turn on the spooler was going to the command prompt and NET STOP SPOOLER or NET START SPOOLER. That usally turns on or off the spooler.

Experiment:

All that I had to do was simply go to Command Prompt. Type in NET START SPOOLER. Access was granted to me and Bob was able to print.

Conclusion:

Maybe somone or Bob was messing with the MSCONFIG to figure out how to make his computer run faster. You can turn it on the spooler through command prompt.

No comments: